|🥡 Ordering In
The average Canadian spends $968.04 a year on food deliveryservices. Here are three steps to lower that number:
1. Set an Eating Out Budget. Allocate money to eating out that fits into your budget and stick to it. This way, you can eat out guilt-free!
2. Reduce Your Cart Size. If you are going to eat out, don't get the extras like dessert, sides, drinks.
3. Be a Chef. If you learn how to cook and make delicious meals for your family, eating out could be completely eliminated from your household. Every time you cook a meal, you're putting money back into your pocket!
According to a 2017 study, 63% of the food Canadians throw out could have been eaten. That equals about 140 kilograms or $1,100 wasted per year! Try these 3 ways to reduce your food waste:
1. Plan it Out. Create and follow a meal plan and shopping list. You're less likely to throw food away if you have a plan for it.
2. Use it Up. All too often, leftovers get pushed to the back of the fridge, forgotten, and end in the trash. If you don't eat them for lunch, have a leftovers night once a week. (Bonus - you don't have to cook!)
3. Keep it Fresh. Learning how to store fruits and vegetables properly can keep them fresher for longer.